Bryan Lyndon, Lennox Head Public School
Phone: 6687 7230 Fax: 6687 7082
Kim Morgans, Maclean High School
Phone: 6645 2244 Fax: 6645 2819
The North Coast School Sports Assoc event is hosted by Yamba Surf Life Saving Club in conjunction with Surf Life Saving New South Wales and Far North Coast Surf Life Saving.
All entries MUST be submitted and approved by the Sports Coordinator of the student’s school.
All entries MUST be completed on the Enclosed Entry Forms, attached to this document. These forms MUST be faxed or emailed to the North Coast School Sports Unit by Friday 25 October 2013.
Entry Fee.The entry fee for the carnival is $10 student (incl. GST). This will include the carnival levy and lunch (ham/salad roll and bottle water), provided by the Yamba Surf Life Saving catering team.
Canteen: A canteen will operate at the venue.
Amenities: Showers and general facilities available at the venue.
Accommodation: Suggested venues are:
Big4 Saltwater at Yamba Holiday Park Ph: 1800 460468 www.big4saltwater.com.au
Yamba Beach Motel - Ph: 6646 9411 www.yambabeachmotel.com.au
Aston Motel - Ph: 6646 2199 www.yambaastonmotel.com.au
Moby Dick Waterfront Resort Motel - ph: 6646 2196 www.mobydick.com.au
Pegasus Motel - Ph: 6646 2314 www.pegasusmotelyamba.com.au
Yamba Motor Inn - Ph: 6646 1122 www.oystershoresmotelyamba.com
Twin Pines Motel - Ph: 6645 8055 www.yambatwinpines.com.au
All water safety will be of Surf Life Saving New South Wales standard. This means:
Activity officials, in conjunction with the Event Coordinator and local Beach Patrol, shall decide the area to be used for activities. The Coordinator has the authority to cease or move these activities if, in their opinion, the sea conditions deteriorate to an "unsafe" situation at any time. Further, they have the responsibility to ensure no activities take place without a duty boat, Inflatable Rescue Boat (IRB) being positioned in the event area at all times.An IRB is required to lay buoys and remain by the buoys during events to provide water safety. All water activities must cease if the IRB is called away to perform a rescue. Water activities may only continue when the IRB returns. All activities must have at least two buoys.
1.) A water safety officer is a person holding the Surf Life Saving Bronze Medallion.
Reference this to Beach Practice Note 15 and SLSNSW Lifesaving Requirements Circular
All head officials in each event area will be of Surf Life Saving New South Wales standard. These officials will be assisted by the designated school helpers (refer conditions of entry).
Schools are to bring a Water Safety Official.
Water Safey officials are to bring a Rescue Board and/ or a Rescue Tube.
- Points will be allocated to teams in the following order:
1st place = 5 points
2nd place = 3 points
3rd place = 2 points
- The school with the most points at the end of the day is named as the winning school.
Other information and conditions
- The Coordinator reserves the right to delete or change any race on the day of competition if safety, weather conditions, time or other conditions warrant. All schools will be notified of any changes as soon as practical.
- Age groups may be combined for the purpose of racing an event. However, places of each age group will be awarded.
- Schools are responsible for the issuing and collection of permission notices from parents and ensuring that each competing student has the necessary Surf Award.
Cheques for entry fees are to be made payable to North Coast School Sports Association and posted to: PO Box 4029, Goonellabah NSW 2480, with entry forms by 25 October 2013.
- The event will be run regardless of weather conditions however may be cancelled if safe water conditions can not be found at alternate venues or weather conditions are declared unsafe to continue.
Billeting Officer (Only available to Lower North Coast students - under extreme circumstances)
Lesley Sutton, Maclean High School
Phone: 6645 2244 Fax: 6645 2819
- All non-teaching volunteers must complete a working with children prohibited person declaration. This form (attached) must be submitted to the North Coast Combined High Schools Association prior to the commencement of the event. It is an offence under the NSW Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for these positions.
Please See Below for the Events Lists and Nomination and PED forms.
Information and List of Events
Prohibited Employment Form (PED)