Please complete the form below signed by the principal and sports organiser and return to Matthew Bishop at Gundagai High School (Fax: 02 6944 2180 or by phone: 02 6944 1233 during school hours) by Wednesday 13 February 2013
- Riverina Tryouts will be held on Court 1 & 2 and will be in the form of training drills, skill sessions, scrimmages or games. All students wishing to make the Riverina team will need to participate in these sessions.
- Teams will have the opportunity to play a round game of the state Knockout during the lunch break in the Riverina Tryouts. Court 2 will be available from 11.30am until 12.30pm. It will be the responsibility of the school coaches to organise in advance the games and referees. Players who participate in a round game will be given a break both prior and after their games. These games will be a part of the selection process.
- All players should have correctly numbered uniforms or approriate attire preferably with a number.
- All players should bring their lunch, own ball, towel, water bottle and any preventative medicines or strapping.
- Riverina Teams are required to provide a badged referee. Please inform the convener prior to the carnival on the nomination form. A student referee will be selected to represent Riverina at the Inter-Area Championships.
All coaches are to provide the convener with a short list of players (with numbers) they consider are candidates for Riverina selection. Inter-Area carnival will be held term 1 week 11, 9-11 April in Maitland
- Good basic Basketball skill particularly footwork
- Solid defensive skills
- Good offensive skills
- The ability to read the game.
- The ability to work as part of a team