Guidelines for completing the School Swimming Scheme Application Form
The online application form for inclusion in the School Swimming Scheme program, for the next financial year, will be available towards the end of term 4 and will close in February.
The form has been designed so that each section must be completed to move on to the next section. The comment section should be used to detail any pertinent information related to your school organisation such as, walking to the pool, student taxi services, PSSA sport commitments, music festivals etc as well as the schools preferred dates. Programming is based upon the information provided by schools. Schools are encouraged to provide as much information as possible in each of the sections on the form.
What you will need to complete the application
- Your four digit school code – this can be obtained through the school office.
- Dates of school events that need to be avoided – include all terms, as your schools first preference may not be possible
- Your schools preferred dates eg wk 1+2 Term 3 – include this information in the comments section
- Knowledge of the number of children in year 2-6 who meet the eligibility criteria – do not simply indicate school enrolments
- The closest pool to your school
- Consider the travelling time to the pool
- The name of the coordinating teacher from the School Swimming Scheme .
- Contact email address for the Principal and the coordinating teacher
On completion of the application form please submit. This will generate an advisory email being sent to the principal, the coordinator and the school indicating that a successful application has been made. If this email is not received please contact the School Sport Unit.
School Notification and Acceptance (metropolitan schools only)
While every effort will be made to program the SSS around individual school preferences it will not always be possible. The SSS program is affected by pool availability and staffing availability.
A confirmation email will be sent to each school, and must be returned to the nominated SSS staff member by the due date listed on the slip. If school confirmations are not received back by the SSS the allocation may be made available to other schools.
Schools that withdraw from the program with little or no notice may be subject to a cancellation fee of $330.00 per session being applied.
The cancellation of sessions by schools costs the SSS in excess of $1,200.00 per session. Cancellations impact on the participation of other schools in addition to pools suffering a loss of income due to allocated pool space that could otherwise have been used.
Program Changes Implemented by the SSS (metropolitan schools only)
Over the course of the SSS season there are occasionally instances where the advertised program needs to be adjusted. In most instances these changes are coordinated well in advance of the scheduled program. Changes are usually the result of pool bookings no longer being able to be met by the venue. Every effort will be made to secure a suitable alternative and school cooperation is greatly appreciated.
In these circumstances schools will not be charged a cancellation fee