Field Events will commence at 8:45am sharp.
Marshalling for 3000m will commence at 8:45am, followed by marshalling for girls relays at 8:55am.
Competitors will need to be at the venue prior to 8:30am
The trials will be conducted unless the conditions are considered dangerous or if the track is closed by local Council.
- In order to nominate for the trials ALL entries MUST meet the minimum qualifying standard. (see link below)
- All entries MUST be submitted via Meet Manager.
- are restricted to 2 per school in individual events and 1 team per relay event.
- times, distances and heights must be submitted for ALL EVENTS.
- emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3.30 pm Friday 17th June 2016.
- entries will be emailed back to schools on Monday 27th June and will have until 3pm Friday 1st July for changes.
Must participate in these Trials to be included in the Western Team.
- PLEASE NOTE: Classification and supporting documentation must be provided with entry.
A teacher representative from each school is required to attend the carnival to -
- Fulfil a duty at some stage throughout the day
- in the event of a protest only the teacher will speak to Sarah Lindsay - Athletics Convener, within 15 minutes of the event. A protest form also needs to be completed and handed in.
1. Competitors must compete in events at Western Trials eligible for Western Selection in that event. This includes AWD athletes.
2. This is a one day carnival containing a lot of events. Students should be aware that some events may be run closer than expected to one another and should be realistic in what events they enter so they do not exert themselves.
3. These are trials for selection of an Area team and NOT a carnival point score
4. Competitors who enter these trials automatically make themselves available for Western Area Team Selection. Any competitor withdrawing from the Western Area team after selection is liable to a 12 month suspension from all further Western Area representation as per WACHS Bye-Laws.
5. Each participating school will be rostered for assistance at one event during the day. All supervising teachers/parents should be made aware of this.
6. Footwear is compulsory in all events.
7. Starting blocks are compulsory to use in the 100m, 200m, 400m and relays.
These are based on the age of the student as at 31st December, 2016 (ie. age turned this year)
12 years born 2004
13 years born 2003
14 years born 2002
15 years born 2001
16 years born 2000
17+ years born 1999 or earlier
Students turning 20 or more years of age in 2016 are ineligible for entry into CHS competitions.
Students must compete in their own age group for individual events (or the closest age group for any event not offered in their own)
Students may only compete in one (1) relay team, either at their own age group or older.
Prior to Trials - School to notify Western SSA office. Replacements may be allowed.
Day of Trials - Written note to be presented to Recording Table adjacent finish.
All protests should be directed to the convener or Area Sports Coordinator within 15 minutes of the event. Protests must be directed through a teacher in charge of the team. A protest form needs to be completed and handed in at the time of the protest.
Individual Events - the first two (2) placegetters will be included in the Western team. 3rd place will be included if they have bettered the CHS qualifying standard.
Relay Events - the first two (2) placegetters will be included in the Western team.
Timed Finals - the two competitors/teams with the fastest times.
NB - REPRESENTATIVES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN ACCOMMODATION AND TRAVEL FOR THE CHS CARNIVAL.
Sydney Olympic Park Athletics Centre - Wednesday 7th September to Friday 9th September 2016.
ORDER OF EVENTS
The following events will NOT be run at the Area Trials:
2000m Steeple Chase Boys / Girls 17+
Nominations for inclusion in the Western Area team in the above events should be emailed to the Convener.
Competitors are advised to wear spikes in high jump events. Athletes jumping without spikes do so at their own risk. The opening height for the trials have been set at 5 cm below the opening height for CHS events. The first rise will be 5 cm followed by 3 cm rises after this.
The opening heights at Area will be:
12 yrs 1.25m
13 yrs 1.25m
14 yrs 1.30m
15 yrs 1.30m
16 yrs 1.30m
12 yrs 1.30m
13 yrs 1.35m
14 yrs 1.50m
15 yrs 1.55m
16 yrs 1.60m
A canteen will operate at the venue.
Will be available for purchase at the venue.
CHS Para Athlete Nomination Form
Order of Events
Events Run at Western Trials
Nomination for Officials Position
Meet Manager Information:
Advancing Athletics Entries on Meet Manager
Semi-Colon Delimited Entry instructions
Meet Manager Shell
Important information Principals & Sports Oranisers must make all students aware of